- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Meal type
When life hands you strawberries, grab some rhubarb and whipping cream; make fools! Whoever invented fools knew how to take outrageously fabulous to the next level. Take a lesson and enjoy this local combination whether you are in the Northeast, the Northwest or in between.
- 1 usa dry quart organic strawberries (slice to bite size)
- 1.5 cups rhubarb sauce (sweetened with stevia or honey)
- 1 cup whipping cream (organic, if you can )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (extract)
- stevia or honey (if using a little honey warm it a touch and combine it with the vanilla)
- Step 1
Put a bowl for whipping cream and the beaters in the freezer or refigerator for a few minutes. While those are cooling, wash, trim, and slice a quart of fresh picked strawberries. Put the strawberries aside until you are ready to assemble. They can be refrigerated or kept at room temperature. Hint; cold berries don’t seem as flavorful.
- Step 2
Wait to whip the cream until just before assembling and serving. Get out the cold high sided bowl, the beaters or hand beater, and the whipping cream. Beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Add the vanilla and a tiny amount of stevia or a bit of another sweetener and continue to beat just until the cream holds a nice strong peak. Be very watchful and stop before it starts to get lumps and turn to butter.
- Step 3