- 4 – 8
- Prep time
- 7 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Total time
- 27 minutes
- Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Meal type
- Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Child Friendly, Freezable, Serve Cold
Have you made rhubarb sauce? It’s a spring tradition for many families. Quick to make, nutritious, colorful, and versatile: rhubarb sauce charms my family every time!
- 4 cups rhubarb stalks (cut stalks into 1 inch lengths)
- 1 cup water
- stevia or honey (add sweetener of your choice to taste)
- Step 1
Cut off any remains of the rhubarb leaf from the top of the stalk and trim the bottom of the stock where it was connected to the root. Wash the stalks and cut a few stalks at a time with a sharp knife.
- Step 2
Combine the rhubarb and water in a sauce pan. Cook with a loose fitting lid over medium or low heat stirring every 7 minutes or so until all the rhubarb in very soft. The total cooking time averages about 20 minutes.
- Step 3