- Prep time
- 12 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Total time
- 32 minutes
- Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Meal type
- Lunch, Side Dish
- Serve Hot
Here is an ultimate comfort food. The best news is that these fries are low fat.
- 4 large white potatoes (Leave the skins on, if the potatoes are organic.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Okay to use organic canola or your choice.)
- 1.5 teaspoons Hometown blended seasoning (More or less, to your taste)
- Step 1
- Wash potatoes. Peel them if they have been grown using pesticides. Or peel them if it’s February and the potatoes in the pantry happen to look like they need to be peeled! Cut them into even sized classic french fry shapes. Put the cut up potatoes in a big mixing bowl. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2
Drizzle a tablespoon of oil over the potatoes. Toss them like you would a tossed salad to evenly distribute the oil. Arrange the cut potatoes evenly over the parchment covered baking sheet; without crowding them too much. Use a second baking sheet if need be. Sprinkle lightly with “Hometown Blended Seasoning” or your own blended seasoning. Salt is usually part of a blended seasoning.
- Step 3
- Put the pan of potatoes in the hot oven for ten minutes. Take the potatoes out and turn them over with a spatula. I use a metal one and a wooden one for the controlled chaos of getting them all turned. Sprinkle with more seasoning blend so there will be plenty of enticing color on the up side. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes. Test every few minutes to see if they are done. Serve hot.