- Prep time
- 20 minutes
- Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Meal type
- Serve Cold
So many local ingredients! Thanks to late fall and winter farmers markets I can make really fresh green salads all winter. The lemon and mayonnaise in the dressing are the only ingredients from afar.
- 5 lady apples (sliced into bite size pieces )
- 1 cup celery stalks (sliced thin — use inner stalks as they are milder tasting)
- 1/2 cup organic cranberries (slice into thin rounds)
- 1/2 cup organic mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed and seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce – optional (I scoop up the juicy part of my homemade cranberry sauce for a pink dressing)
- 1 pinch stevia or honey (sweeten to taste)
- Step 1
- Break up the leaves of salad mix or leaf lettuce and distribute 1/4 on each plate.
- Step 2
Add the 1/4 of the celery, apple slices, and cranberry pieces to each salad. Make the dressing using the steps below. Then dress and serve.
- Step 3
- Step 4
Stir up the the dressing ingredients with a whisk. Taste and add salt or more of any ingredients to adjust the texture or flavor.
- Step 5