- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- Total time
- 30 minutes
- Egg, Milk, Soy, Tree Nuts, Wheat
- Meal type
- Dessert, Snack
- Child Friendly, Serve Cold
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g chocolate
- sugar (a sprinkling for a crunchy top)
- Step 1
- Place the flour and caster sugar into a bowl and create a well in the middle for the other ingredients.
Mix the eggs, vanilla extract, milk and margarine and then pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
Mix well until it is lump free and then break the chocolate into small pieces and add them.
- Step 2
- Pour the muffin mixture into a muffin tin filling each mould up to two thirds full.
Place a block of chocolate into the middle of each muffin. Then sprinkle some sugar over the top of each.
- Step 3
- Cook for around 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200ºC / 390ºF / gas mark 5. After 18 minutes or so check to see if they are cooked enough.
Insert a knife into one of the muffins and if no mixture is on the knife then they are cooked!
Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.