Be generous with the sweet apple slices and the dressing when creating this salad. They are needed to balance the tart bits of raw cranberry. I chose the lady apples for their amazing cuteness and shape when they are sliced into the salad. Lady apples are not necessarily easy to find. Any sweet late fall apple works wonderfully. Macoun, Mutsu, and Honey Crisp are a few suggestions. If you are using organic apples, then you can leave the skin on for color and nutrition.
Toasted pecans or walnuts sprinkled on top would be another delicious variation. A slice of Chego cheese on the plate is a terrific idea. So many possible delicious additions and luckily many ops to make this salad again!
Fall into Winter Green Salad
- Prep time
- 20 minutes
- Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Meal type
- Serve Cold
- 5 lady apples (sliced into bite size pieces )
- 1 cup celery stalks (sliced thin — use inner stalks as they are milder tasting)
- 1/2 cup organic cranberries (slice into thin rounds)
- 1/2 cup organic mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed and seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce – optional (I scoop up the juicy part of my homemade cranberry sauce for a pink dressing)
- 1 pinch stevia or honey (sweeten to taste)
- Step 1
- Break up the leaves of salad mix or leaf lettuce and distribute 1/4 on each plate.
- Step 2
Add the 1/4 of the celery, apple slices, and cranberry pieces to each salad. Make the dressing using the steps below. Then dress and serve.
- Step 3
- Step 4
Stir up the the dressing ingredients with a whisk. Taste and add salt or more of any ingredients to adjust the texture or flavor.
- Step 5